Thread: Web Design Books List

Web Design Books List

Hi, can anyone give me the list of books which will be helpful to me to get more advanced knowledge in Web Design. I have just started my classes regarding the Web Design and we have got the notes regarding this. But, I want some extra knowledge that notes. So, if you know some books, then please help me to get that books name.

Re: Web Design Books List

Hi, you can use the books below to make use of web design book list:
    • Outsourcing Web Projects: 6 Steps to a Smarter Business
    • Web Style Guide, 2nd edition
    • Building Accessible Websites
    • The Art and Science of Web Design
    • Software Engineering for Internet Applications

I am not having any knowledge in web designing, but as you are required list of books regarding it, I am sending you the list which is of the books from year 2009 so use it. First check out the details of book on internet and then select which is more efficient:
    1. Web Design: Navigation – Julius Wiedemann
    2. The Findability Formula: The Easy, Non-Technical Approach to Search Engine Marketing
    3. A Project Guide to UX Design: For User Experience Designers In The Field or In The Making – Russ Unger and Carolyn Chandler
    4. When Search Meets Web Usability – Shari Thurow and Nick Musica
    5. Sexy Web Design: Creating Interfaces that Work – Elliot Jay Stocks
    6. Beginning Joomla! – Cory Webb
    7. Front End Drupal: Designing, Theming, Scripting – Konstantin Käfer and Emma Hogbin
    8. Website Owner’s Manual – Paul Boag
    9. Advanced CSS – Joe Lewis and Meitar Moscovitz
    10. Graphic Design Theory: Readings from the Field – Helen Armstrong
    11. Search Engine Optimization for Flash: Best Practices for Using Flash On The Web – Todd Perkins
    12. Speaking in Styles: Fundamentals of CSS for Web Designers – Jason Cranford Teague
    13. Professional Web Widgets with CSS, DOM, JSON and Ajax – Rajesh Lal and Lakshmi Chava
    14. Semantic Web Programming – John Hebeler, Matthew Fisher, Ryan Blace, Andrew Perez-Lopez, Mike Dean
    15. Web Content Rx: A Quick and Handy Guide for Writers, Webmasters, Ebayers, and Business People – Wayne English
    16. Content Strategy for the Web – Kristina Halvorson
    17. Total Web Monitoring: Watching Performance, Users, and Communities – Alistair Croll and Sean Power
    18. Web Application Architecture: Principles, Protocols and Practices – Leon Shklar and Rich Rosen
    19. Good Design: Deconstructing Form, Function, and What Makes Design Work – Terry Marks
    20. Freelance Design in Practice – Cathy Fisel
    21. Web Standards Solutions, Second Edition – Dan Cederholm
    22. Beginning JavaScript and CSS Development with jQuery – Richard York
    23. Recharge Your Design Batteries – John O’Reilly and Tony Linkson
    24. Web Anatomy: Interaction Design Frameworks that Work – Robert Hoekman and Jared Spool
    25. Eyetracking Web Usability – Jakob Nielsen and Kara Pernice
    26. Web Design for Developers: A Programmer’s Guide to Design Tools and Techniques – Brian Hogan
    27. The Designer’s Guide to Business and Careers: How to Succeed on the Job or on Your Own – Peg Faimon
    28. Build Your Own Database Driven Web Site Using PHP & MySQL, 4th Edition – Kevin Yank
    29. Beginning Rails 2: From Novice to Professional – Jeffrey Allan Hardy and Cloves Carneiro Jr.
    30. The CSS Anthology: 101 Essential Tips, Tricks & Hacks – Rachel Andrews

Hi, I am also searching for the books which are helpful to get more advanced knowledge about the css. So, if you have the knowledge about css and using the book for it, then please help me with giving the name of it. I have basic knowledge about css and now wanted to increase this knowledge by reading books and all. So, please help me in this case.

Hi, you have told that you are required a list of book regarding the web design. But, I want to know that in which language you want these language, as there are many languages to web design. So, in which web design language you want the books. It may be html or may more. So, just give me details about it, so I can give you list of books.

Hello, you can use the following books to improve your knowledge about the web design:
    • Usability for the Web: designing Web sites that work by Tom Brinck, Darren Gergle, cott D. Wood
    • Web design in a nutshell by Jennifer Niederst Robbins
    • Designing with Web standards by Jeffrey Zeldman
    • Learning Web design: a beginner's guide to HTML, graphics, and beyond by Jennifer Niederst
    • DOM scripting: web design with JavaScript and the Document Object Model by Jeremy Keith
    • Web design for dummies by Lisa Lopuck
    • Designing with Javascript: creating dynamic Web pages by Nick Heinle, Bill Peña