Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch

Software Development

Old 10-12-2009

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch

Hi,

I Visual Studio 2008, SQLServer 2005 dev edition loaded on a Windows XP machine. When Visual Studio used to open, it loads fine but when I went to see the Default .aspx page I have this error: An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. There is no error code given in the error message. There is a additional infomation given. What do I do to troubleshoot and resolve this error?

Old 10-12-2009

Re: An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch

I suggest you at any time when you try to install SQL Server, try to select the Advance option and then try to select the components that you think your situation is required before starting the installation of components see what you are installing. When you restore a database, it defaults to the physical paths used by the original person.
Old 10-12-2009

The first thing to do is open the Management Studio, expand the Management node, right click on the mail database and select Send email evidence. Until this functionality is working correctly, there is no point in trying something else. If you have not configured the mail database, right-click the node and select Configure Database Mail.
Old 10-12-2009

To solve you problem, you need to access the Configure Distribution Wizard, follow these steps:

1. Open SQL Server Management Studio.
2. Connect to the instance of SQL Server 2005.
3. Right-click the Replication folder, and then click Configure Distribution.

If you may not be able to find the Configure Distribution entry when you right-click the Replication folder. You can view and modify distributor properties at this point. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Open SQL Server Management Studio.
2. Connect to the instance of SQL Server 2005.
3. Right-click the Replication folder, and then click Distributor Properties.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,