Thread: Encrypt VB 2008 executable

Encrypt VB 2008 executable

I wonder if there is a way to encrypt the file .exe generated by Visual Basic 2008. Because if you open it with notepad you see a lot of stuff in Bright (name of controls, variables MySettings, add xml file in the project).

Re: Encrypt VB 2008 executable

I make you even more afraid if we put an exe .net reflector shows all the source code. There is no free way 100% effective. The most common is the obfuscation that renames all in an incomprehensible way but we can still understand what is happening and find the password to access a database instance. It means that there is a fee effective the crypt exe on a dongle that is decrypted from an exe installed on the machine.

It's pretty unbelievable that Microsoft allows and do nothing against this kind of thing. I am interest even by paying solution to encrypt my exe knowing you pay a good solution?

They has already replied to me that ALL the exe is pirated by hackers who can read assembler anyway. The platform .Net has been designed like that have compiled at runtime to allow optimizations related to the machine. So have a precompiled language (MSIL) and around several languages that compile to MSIL (vb.net, c#, delphi.net...). Microsoft therefore provides the compiler and decompiler which allows you to get the source code, the MSIL is not a language as complex as the assembler

Its sure that everything is hackable but when it will sell the applications in my mailbox made .Net that it was the focus of anyone there just has to open the exe and there code is more reassuring to sell an exe that have assembler to see the code. Anyway there is always the possibility of putting the sensitive code in dll or that also can easily retrieve the code? We create a dll with vb.net you think we can also extract the code with reflector?