Thread: Input tag is not allowing the entry in it

Input tag is not allowing the entry in it

Hey there,

I am suffering from a problem which stopped me in the midway of the program development. I am developing a program in which user can enter the value in the input box. I am using the HTML for the program creation. But the problem is that after running the program i found that i cant enter the value in the input box. So please help regarding the problem i am facing so that can continue with the programming.

Thanks in advance

Re: Input tag is not allowing the entry in it

Hi,

The problem can not be solve without seeing the code of you programming but still i will suggest you to check the code once again so that you will come to know the mistake you have done. If that does not solve your problem then forward the code to me so that i can check it from my side for the satisfaction of mine. Thats all i can help with the problem you are facing because i am helpless without the code. So tell about the same if you solved your problem.

Bye

Basically it is not happening with the input tag that he wont allow you to enter the value but if it is happening to you then ReadOnly property could be the reason for the same. ReadOnly property wont allow user to enter the value in the input box. If this attribute is disable then only you can enter the value so better to check for the same that it is enable or disable. If it is then remove the same and try again.

Say thanks if it works for you.

The <input> tag is used for taking the information provided by the user from the Keyboard. Depending on the attribute it can be differentiated in many way as button, password field, text field, checkbox, radio button etc. It contains the many attribute in which readonly is used for the permission to enter the data fro the user or not. Specifies that an input field should be read-only (for type="text" or type="password").

Thank you