Thread: Session issues with asp

Session issues with asp

Hello. I have created a demo website in which a user will have to enter necessary stuffs or requirements to get the things posted. But the problem is that i am not able to create a session for the same. This means that whenever a user fills the parameter it should get redirected to the previous page after the time interval that has been assigned. But this does not happen in my case. Here's the session code in asp dynamic page for my site:

<%
    request.querystring("fadd")
    Session("add")=fadd
    Session.Timeout = 500
    Response.Write(Session("fadd"))
    %>

Please tell me the solution. Thank you.
    Last edited by Abhibhava; 04-12-2009 at 04:58 PM.

Re: Session issues with asp

Well you seem to be making a mistake in your coding. The value I mean the string value of the Add has to assigned to a variable. It has to a request form to the query. The code should be as follows:

<%
    Dim strFAdd
    strFAdd = Request.QueryString("fadd")
    Session("fname") = strFadd
    Session.Timeout = 500
    Response.Write(Session("fadd"))
    %>

Make the necessary changes in the code. This will then help you in making your session to work correct.

You should put or assign the Fadd into a variable so that it clears the session time value for the same. As your cod suggests that the line is not seteing fadd to a particaular variable and the desired query string code should have been as request.querystring("fadd"). fadd= request.querystring("fadd"). After doing it put your session here. That is Session(fadd)=fadd. This might work for you.

There could be a issue with the browser as well. As Internet explorer 7 does not support the session with asp well. It has a bug that disallows them to perform the things as so. Try out in different browser may be then you might be able to get access or make the session to expire on the desired time interval. This is a kind of general problem which does happen with some browser. Do make the changes first to your code and then implement the thing.

The coding is par the mean that it not been assigned to a variable. But apart from the very thing you need to check out whether there is any sort if restrictions that is been disallowing the content to redirect to the desired page after the session is expired. Also if this is not the case then the possibility might be with the cookies. Delete the cookies as been filled it do not allow to write the files for execution.