Thread: Is there an alternative to flash to create mini-games

Is there an alternative to flash to create mini-games

My problem is that I would love to create mini flash games for websites, such as those that can be found on armorgames or Miniclip. But I think I should use something else: Flash is not free, it's heavy, it is not indexed, it stinks basically. While I agree, flash is very objectionable, and you can easily do without to make animations or dynamic sites with HTML5, SVG, JavaScript, OpenLaszlo etc. But regarding the mini-games, I see too much with what else I could code. I will not do in C either. So do you know the alternatives to flash that would create mini-games? If possible free languages, which do not block the websites (unless this is impossible).

Re: Is there an alternative to flash to create mini-games

Quote Originally Posted by Amie View Post
    But I think I should use something else: Flash is not free, it's heavy, it is not indexed, it stinks basically.
    What do you meant by "is not indexed"?

But regarding the mini-games, I see too much with what else I could code. I will not do in C either. So do you know the alternatives to flash that would create mini-games? If possible free languages, which do not block the websites (unless this is impossible).
    You absolutely want a free language. It does what it is not free but still free with Silverlight or Java applet, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by opaper View Post
    What do you meant by "is not indexed"?
    I misspoke, I mean by not indexed not recognized by search engines. It is well known that the flash is now going down. Swf, a large block unreadable by bots search engines.

Quote Originally Posted by opaper View Post
    You absolutely want a free language. It does what it is not free but still free with Silverlight or Java applet, for example.
    I heard about Silverlight in fact, I will look to see if this is correct or not. If it is almost the same thing that I still flash on it

Flash seems quite difficult to dethrone the moment at least but can do without the Flash development tool. I do the flash without this tool in addition it does not run on linux I tried flex but its very hard and you need the Java VM + eclipse etc. I am currently using SWFC part of swftools. It runs on all platforms and it can make the actionscript 3 from version 0.9.0

I misspoke, I mean by not indexed not recognized by search engines. It is well known that the flash is now going down. Swf, a large block unreadable by bots search engines.
    It is well known among those who know nothing. I am referencing the site in Flash and is a bit more complicated than HTML, I agree, but equally effective. This was true since 5 years but now it has changed.

I heard about Silverlight in fact, I will look to see if this is correct or not. If it is almost the same thing that I still flash on it
    In fact you will not gain much. Especially for games, Flash is the most appropriate.