Thread: Logging issue with System.Diagnostics

Logging issue with System.Diagnostics

Hello there,

I am developing a project using .NET technology But the problem is that when i am logging into the text file it wont allow me. I used system.diagnostics method to log onto a text file, and when i am using this on my machine it work properly and generate the logs. When i am trying to run this on other machine it wont work. Is it the problem with the .Net framework running on that machine or Is it the server problem.

Help me with proper solution.

Re: Logging issue with System.Diagnostics

Hey,

I think your problem is related to the path of the log. I will suggest you to check the log generating path. check whether the path is defined as Application path or is it custom path. Go to your code window and see whether the path you have specified is right or wrong. Complete each code step by step. And if this helps you let me know whether your problem is solved or not.

Thanks may be appreciated

Hi there,

I am posting this for the knowledge of the System.Diagnostics. I hope you will like it.The System.Diagnostics namespace provides classes that allow you to interact with system processes, event logs, and performance counters.The EventLog component provides functionality to write to event logs, read event log entries, and create and delete event logs and event sources on the network. The EntryWrittenEventHandler provides a way to interact with event logs asynchronously. Supporting classes provide access to more detailed control, including: permission restrictions, the ability to specify event log types (which controls the type of default data that is written with an event log entry), and iterate through collections of event log entries. For more information about these tasks, see the EventLogPermission, EventLogEntryType, and EventLogEntryCollection classes.

For more visit this

Hey buddy,

I think it is not the problem of your program. When it run on your system properly then why not on the other machine. So i will suggest you not worry about the program which you created, it is the problem with the Operating System installed on the other machine or the .Net framework. So better check the .Net framework is running that machine is proper or not. If not then reinstall it and run your .exe program once more. I hope it will work.

Thank you

Hi,

Just do the small changes and it will start working. I think you are including the app.config file globally. So declared it globally and see its working or not. I hope that your problem end here with my reply.

bye.