Thread: Bluetooth SPP for windows mobile

Bluetooth SPP for windows mobile

Hello folks,

My dad gifted me windows mobile on my birthday. And i like the functionality of the same. But i have a little query about the Bluetooth Serial port profile. Does it support the same. If it support the Bluetooth SPP then can anybody forward me the code to use SSP for communication. And i need urgently because i excited to to do.

Any help is appreciated.

Re: Bluetooth SPP for windows mobile

Hey,

I am having the same problem regarding the SPP as you have, and after lots of effort i found one solution that i am sharing with you i hope you will like it. Just do the following to find the same.
    Go to My Computer and click on that. Then go to the C drive the look for the Program Files, inside that you will find Windows Mobile 6 SDK just click on that and map Samples and than PocketPC. After that you will find CPP inside that Win32 folder is there which contain the answer of your problem.

I think it will help you so enjoy it.
    Last edited by Sam.D; 30-11-2009 at 05:42 PM.

Hello,

It is a Bluetooth based communication between devices whic is a Bluetooth profile for wireless interface specification. But before that it must show the compatibility with the subset of Bluetooth profiles. It resides on the Bluetooth Core Specification, but it uses feature of core specification. By this way Bluetooth device work with the computer.

Thank you

For creating the SPP in java there are simple code available. All you have to do is to write following code with java and see that its working or not.

Code:
    UUID uuid = new UUID("1101", true);
    Sring connectionString = "btspp://localhost:" + uuid +";name=Sample SPP Server";
    Say thanks if it is working