Thread: Windows 7: .Wav Files not Working

Windows 7: .Wav Files not Working

Hi all. I am using windows premium home edition. It was working fine before few days but now I am getting some problem with it. The problem is with windows 7, some wav file are not working. While I am trying to use some wav file at that time my windows log off in windows 7 ultimate x64. That file is only about 7k and only about 0.5 second long, but still it was not working with my windows 7. In my laptop, I have some small wav files that worked and also I have some big size files that also worked in my system, but now some of them are not working, what can I do now? As far as I can tell it meets all the guidelines for use as a system sound.

Re: Windows 7: .Wav Files not Working

yes, I am also using the windows 7 home edition and in this there is no problem at all while playing the wav files in the system. If you are getting dome problem then I will suggest you to download and install the latest VLC media player and after that try with the wav files. At this time I am sure that it will work. Go and try with that and report me back.

First, let me tell you that this wav sound I don’t want to play, I want to make it as my system sound and I think that you will help me in this case. I think that you are getting what I am trying to do, still I don’t have any solution at all. And now according to your suggestion I am going to look it, and I will reply you back about the result. I am thinking that may be some have the proper reason and also suggestion for my problem and I am waiting for the reply about my solution.

I think that there are some problem with your reply and I think that you will need to try with any other wav file and see what is happening over there, if that file is also not working then there must be some problem with your player, but before making sure that you install some more player for this, first try with other wav file for making sure that your file is not corrupted. I think in your case, the bit rate is wrong or the Hz is wrong, for this thing you will need to play other file with the same player. In this case I will suggest you to run other wav file in your system and watch how they are different.

Thanks for your suggestion, I am trying with that, but again suffering from the same problem. Hey, My bro is an A/V tech, so will take some audio software and I will check with then and then I will reply you that is still I am suffering from the same problem or not? For this problem I had re-downloaded the zip file to make sure that it is working or not. Except this thing, if anyone have any more idea then please let me know about it. In this case I think that any suggestion will be helpful.

According to your suggestion, I checked bit rate and Hz of working file and non working file and after this I found that they are same, both the file having the bit rate of 8 and are 8kHz. I think that my non working file would not work in Dell running Win7 Home Premium x64. I think that in my case there is problem with my player and also I think that there must be some solution about this problem. I need some tiny details that make it incompatible with win7 as a system sound. I had tried it with the windows XP and it is working on that. Hey, if you want to make the depth analysis of my non working file then I can forward you that file and also I can send you the name of the player that I am using for play my wav files.

Thanks guys, this worked for me. Thanks you all for the help, with your suggestion I am able to help someone else. I followed your suggestion to use the VLC media player, and this worked for me. My non working file got played in this new version of the VLC player.