Thread: Run-Time Error 713 in Visual Basic

Run-Time Error 713 in Visual Basic

Hi,

I made a VB program, with basic access and the ability to edit, at the preview before I print a error message like "Error 713 ".

I checked on the microsoft website and I added manually the Msdbrptr.dll, MSDERUN.DLL, Msstdfmt.dll, MSDATREP.OCX and MSBIND.DLL, but it still does not work. Have you faced this kind of problem and what to do?

Thank you in advance

Re: Run-Time Error 713 in Visual Basic

With visual studio, you have the package and deployment wizard. When you launch, it will ask you a VB project, and then it'll do everything alone. Then it'll generate a list of dependencies, or you may verfier all the dll used (all the way dll you need SERTON created in the directory), otherwise it seems to me that a lot of tutorial on creating packages on the site with other methods.

You deploy a Visual Basic that contains a state database. After installation, the following error message appears when you try to open the report from your application: Runtime Error '713 ': Standard application-defined or object. Or Open your project, and include a reference to the Msdbrptr.dll file. This file is listed as Microsoft Data Report Designer v6.0 in the References dialog box. You may see Microsoft Data Report Designer v6.0 listed more than once. Make certain that the file is associated with the reference Msdbrptr.dll. Once the reference has been verified, rebuild your setup package.

Did you make an installer that includes the dll of the report and all the files needed for the application? Did you use this installer to move the exe to another computer or just copied the exe?

Even loaded with VB programs could not run an exe, this depending on the components used in your project and the components you have loaded on another computer, for example, if your computer uses ADO 2.6 source and destination computer only have installed ADO 2.0, the most probablem is not broken.

By making the distribution package with "Package and Deployment Wizard" included manually in the Support folder (created by yourself), the following libraries and controls reporting:
    Msdbrptr.dll
    Msderub.dll
    Msstdfmt.dll
    Msbind.dll *
    Ctrl32.ocx *
    Msdatrep.ocx *
    Data Report * Although not directly dependent upon these files, you might miss one of them to be affecting the Data Environment.