Thread: Hidden parameter but modifiable

Hidden parameter but modifiable

I have an Excel file with 3 tabs and a menu that can launch a macro. This macro creates a new file with data extracted from the first file (creates statistics).

Now, for various reasons, I will have to put a password to access the macro code, and put a password to use the macro statistics.

The first file must be changed (in the data in the tabs). But I can not add these tabs. But I want the names of the charts in the second file (generated automatically by the macro) that are configurable. So, how to store these names without putting them in sheets?

Re: Hidden parameter but modifiable

It changed without adding information. Will you be a little more explicit (descriptive) to your problem. To store the names of the charts or any other object, you store a variable in your procedure for him which then reflects in the Name property. Not before or was the concern.

The goal is that you open yourselves the first file, you change the name of a chart for generating the second file. Then, you save both files. You reopen the first, and miraculously, the name has been registered for the next generation of graph. Except that I do not want to store the name of the chart in the first file, or store it in a worksheet.

Sorry but I do not understand still. Or a thing must have been missed. You create your file 1. Your macro created the 2nd file with the proper name of the graph by the name of the graph in the first set? Or, if you need to store the name somewhere you can use an invisible sheet and store it, or an external text file (txt, ini etc.). Your generation of graph, as you say, it's done by the macro or you made it manually?

I do the macro, and someone else uses it. It is that someone else does not detect things configurable, and that for him, nothing changes from before. (because some people have the right to run the macro (those who have the password), and not others).

So, for those without access to the macro, they should not see the setting.
    For those who have access to the macro, they must be able to change the settings, but it must be recorded in the first file. Generate parameters once, and if it is, you do not ever change. But it must if the user wants to change the name (of the graph generated in the second), the name is stored in the first file, so the next time they use the macro, the name reappears.

About passwords, I do not know if it's great. I thought I read that it was easily crackable (well, we can remove the password, and not find them). So is there a way to hide a macro?