Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 25-11-2009

Not able to sign out from my admin page

Hi! I made a webbased business developing site for a travel based company as my Project for final year. My webpage also consist of an Admin page through which I can modify and add necessary stuffs. But the problem is when I login to the page it is does not get logout when I click on logout. What could be the problem. I use Firefox 3.0 as my web browser. My front end is Html, Asp and backend MS Access. Please help.
Old 25-11-2009

Re: Not able to sign out from my admin page

You may have coded the session wrongly or coded the half part for logging out. The session has to be abandon or expire in order to get logout form the page. When you do not do this stuffs the page gets redirected to the same when clicked back. This is not proper infact this should not happen. This might cause that any user using that machine can use the admin page as the session has not been expired. Mention the expire code on your asp page.
Old 25-11-2009

This issue can be resolved by setting an example for the logout code. You need to take out the code and check for the logout session to be expired and should not be reverted back. Follow this code it may help you out.
<%
Response.Expires = -1000
Response.Buffer = True
If Request.Form("login") = "true" Then
call CheckLogin
Else
call ShowLogin
End If
If LCase(Request.Form("username")) = "fresh" And LCase(Request.Form("userpwd")) = "fresh" Then
Session("UserLoggedIn") = "true"
Response.Redirect "show.asp"
Else
Response.Write("<span class=style4 >")
Response.Write("Login Failed.")
Response.Write("</span><br><br>")
ShowLogin
End If
End Sub
%>

This is an asp coding for the logout page. Source: bytes.com
Old 25-11-2009

There can be a possibility with the backend as well. As your connectivity for login the page is related to the backend for username and password it may be that you might be entering them wrongly or the database may have Lower case sensitive characters. Check for the database and do the necessary ailments to be fulfilled. This will definitely help you out. Hope this will solve your query.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , , , ,