Thread: Javascript Control Bar Issue

Javascript Control Bar Issue

I'm trying to get a tracking bar working on my site. I use an Xtemplate based template, and on certain pages html area did not load, because drupal.js was not included in the header. Now the problem is that when i click on the top video everything works fine and the tracker bar moves along nice and smooth. However, if you then play any other other video the tracking bar is very jumpy. Can any one tell me that why i'm facing Javascript control bar issue? Has anyone else came across this and knows a possible solution? Please help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Javascript Control Bar Issue

I know you can code your own control bar and use JavaScript API to interact with the media, but I really don't want to do that, the standard control bar is fine. Using the tube skin, you can see these problems much more clearly because of the size of the scrubber button. You can make your own flv player. I wonder if some of this is due to the tube skin not working well with the code originally designed for the default skin.

I solved the width issue for audio, seems firefox doesn't want a height other than 28 pixels. The plugin appears to be struggling to find the correct duration/playtime data from the player, which from your demo in the div below the player is obviously working fine.

Maybe if this cannot be fixed someone could create a flash plugin control bar that could be positioned anywhere on the page? The problem that you are experiencing on page reload in Internet Explorer is caused by an incomplete reload of the Flash movie file. It can usually be solved by adding a random number to the Flash movie file, forcing a fresh load from the server. Don't miss the "?" after "player-4.5.swf".