Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 24-11-2009

HTTP request attributes

The HttpServletRequest object sent to the Servlet contains attributes specific to the HTTP request. We can manipulate these attributes, add, remove.

I wish I could claim this query context throughout the execution thereof, that is to say being able to feed, read, modify, over the descent to my various objects and subobjects.

However, I feel it is not possible to access the context of a static query, and the only way to access and disseminate the HttpServletRequest object received at the servlet in my various objects and subobjects (too heavy for me to implement it).

Someone would have any idea on the issue, or another way to have a query context usable anywhere, anytime?
Old 24-11-2009

Re: HTTP request attributes

I do not really understand why you would need this object out of your controller. Basically for a receipt of the request you should extract the data necessary for your treatment and delegate to your logic layers the only information they need. After that maybe we passed the code can be better understood.
Old 24-11-2009

In fact I try to set up a cache level of the request. This is because I have data that is updated in real time, and my average requests access to a hierarchy of at least 10 different objects. However, the time of a request, keep the same data from beginning to end is tolerable. This gives a sequence like:
- Initialization of Servlet
- Call 1 object hierarchy
- Request object hierarchy 2
- Call no object hierarchy
=> Demand access to real-time object X
=> Object missing from the query context, access to the object
=> Backup of the object in the query context
- Request object hierarchy m
=> Demand access to real-time object X
=> Object already present in the query context, no new access to the object
Old 24-11-2009

In fact, for the moment I move into a static object that will handle a hashmap with id as key to the current thread. This will simulate the cache "request", since a different thread for each request. Of course, he may need some method to synchronize and manage errors.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , ,