Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 24-11-2009
Members

Adding RSS feeds to a website using Carp

Does anyone know how to use carp rss for website? I know that RSS News Feeds are free but need to know how to utilize a carp RSS news aggregator/reader. I have tried to configure carp RSS on my website but failed ...
Old 24-11-2009

Re: Adding RSS feeds to a website using Carp

RSS feeds are generated by blogs, news sites, podcasts, YouTube, Twitter, and more. RSS Feeds can be set to auto-update on your site without the Webmaster having to do anything. CaRP can display the text, images, HTML formatted content, and even audio and videos from RSS feeds.
Old 24-11-2009

Carp RSS also properly caches the RSS data which improves the performance of your websites that make remote calls to other servers for RSS data. carp allows you to enter local paths and http paths for rss feeds. This prevents you from having the webmasters of the datafeeds ban you because you are hitting their feed for every hit at your site like some home grown RSS readers do. This is also considered internet pollution.
Old 24-11-2009

RSS is a format for syndicating news and the content of news-like sites, including major news sites like Wired, news-oriented community sites. CaRP -Caching RSS Parser helps keeping a site dynamic and new all the time by converting and displaying RSS content as HTML. RSS Feeds are an excellent delivery vehicle for news content.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , ,