Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 23-11-2009

How to install MyBB?

Hello, I have a computer which i use for testing my website in-house, which saves me some cost. I want to setup a small personal and private forum like website where our company employees can share their opinion and ideas about the compy and its developement. For this purpose i am thinking of using a Free Bulletin Board software and many people recommended me to use MyBB. Can anyone tell me how to install it on my web server? Thanks in advance...
Old 23-11-2009

Re: How to install MyBB?

Before installing MyBB make sure your server is up and running. Also make sure your web server has the following components :
  • A Web Server [like IIS, but Apache is prefered]
  • PHP script support for your web server
  • Database Server [like Oracle, but MySQL is preferred]
If everything is setup and running proceed with the MyBB installation...
Old 23-11-2009

Yes, the above requirement must be fulfilled before installing MyBB. Once it is ready, copy the contents of "upload" folder to any folder which is accessible on the web server, now from a browser open the location where you have copied the contents and add /install to the url and the installation of MyBB should start right away. Make sure after installing and setting up the server you have rebooted your server machine else it may report you some errors...
Old 23-11-2009

I would like to advice you to visit the MyBB's official website and check for exact requirement and get proper help. Installation process is mentioned on their website, you could have a look at the tutorial from here : http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Installing

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,