Thread: Supported DB Extensions: None

Supported DB Extensions: None

Hello friends, I have setup an Apache Web Server with PHP and i want to host a forum web server for my local area network. I have a LAN where i and my friends enjoy most of the time with online games and stuff. So i am using MyBB to host the local area forum. Apache is set and PHP works fine with it. But when i try to install MyBB i get an error. During the requirement check stage it tells me No supported db extension found. I get this screen :
    Requirements Check
    Requirements
    PHP Version: 5.2.1
    Supported DB Extensions: None
    PHP XML Extensions: Installed
    Configuration File Writable: Writable
    Settings File Writable: Writable
    File Uploads Directory Writable: Writable
    Avatar Uploads Directory Writable: Writable

The MyBB Requirements check failed due to the reasons below. MyBB installation cannot continue because you did not meet the MyBB requirements. Please correct the errors below and try again:

*MyBB requires one or more suitable database extensions to be installed. Your server reported that none were available.
    What do i do? Please help...

Re: Supported DB Extensions: None

The problem shows that MyBB needs a db server which will save data and it cannot find on your server, Now you must install a server which is supported by MyBB. I would recommend you use MySQL as its easy to setup and very compatible with MyBB. But first open php.ini and uncomment these lines :
    extension=php_mysql.dll
    extension=php_mysqli.dll
    and then install MySQL if the version of MySQL is 4.1 or below...

Quote Originally Posted by kelfro View Post
    The problem shows that MyBB needs a db server which will save data and it cannot find on your server, Now you must install a server which is supported by MyBB. I would recommend you use MySQL as its easy to setup and very compatible with MyBB. But first open php.ini and uncomment these lines :

and then install MySQL if the version of MySQL is 4.1 or below...
    I already installed MySQL and did the necessary changes. Also i need to restart Apache after installing MySQL so that my website could recognize the database. I also created a data with name landata, but nothing seems to help. Any other ideas? Please help...

I had a similar problem with the older version of PHP Apache and MySQL on all Forum softwares including MyBB, IceBB and SMF, I installed the never version of all the three softwares and tried again but i could not be able to succeed, Then i just restarted my PC and everything worked, I think restarting the computer made my server working, i hope this could help you too. Its worth a try...