Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 21-11-2009

Is XSL and XSLT are same

Hi,
Does XSL and XSLT are same. If not then what is the actual difference between them. What I have figure out that both provides similar outputs. So I do not think that there is much difference between them. Also what is exactly does XSLT processor means. I am looking for a proper definition of XSLT processor. I think it refers to the upcoming versions. Thanks in advance.
Old 21-11-2009

Re: Is XSL and XSLT are same

It is necessary for your to understand different about the different terms in XML like node () selects all types of nodes, namely those of type element (tags), attributes, text nodes (tag content also with selectable text ()), reviews (also selectable with comment (), instructions treatment (also selectable with processing-instruction ()) and the root node (to differentiate from the root element.
Old 21-11-2009

XSLT is a language that can transform one (or more) XML documents into other XML, HTML or text. It is mostly used to separate data (XML) code / presentation (XSLT) to a final viewable (HTML). Another use, less widespread, is converting an XML schema to another to enable interoperability between different software systems that communicate through XML feeds.
Old 21-11-2009

An XSLT processor can be compared to a JVM for Java. It is he who will translate and execute instructions from the XSLT sheet. It therefore takes as input an XML and XSLT, and then outputs a stream, a new XML document or other format (HTML, text, etc. .) chosen by the developer, from the moment it is a text format (no binary output). Each processor has its own: respect more or less strict specification, library extensions available, possibility use of another language in the xslt sheet etc.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , , , ,