Thread: Explain Response file in C-Sharp

Explain Response file in C-Sharp

I am student learning C Sharp (C#). I am having this subject in my current semester. I am learning it on my own. I have to admit that C Sharp is the best programming language to generate applications for .NET framework. It is indeed very easy to understand and code. But I am not understanding What are C Sharp Response Files? I not getting its proper usage and explanation.

Re: Explain Response file in C-Sharp

C# supports Response File. This Response file consists of source code and compiler options lists to be compiled. In other words, to make the source code files and multiple compiler options display in one line C# makes use of the Response files. The commments for these response files begins with a hash ' # ' sign.

C-Sharp is very helpul in developing .net applications. I used C-Sharp first time on my last project for .net and it was a real help for me. This is an exellent language for .net applications. Coming back to your question of response file in C-Sharp, they are very much helpful to the programmers if they intent to make use of the C-Sharp compiler which is csc.exe from the Windows command line. Thus there are used to help the programmer to type long command line options.

In C sharp Response files have .rsp extension. The contents of a response file are basically commands. If a developer wants to compile 11 files, then the developer can use a single command to do this action. The developer simply need to have this commands in a single file created by him. The default response file wich is called when you compile the code is csc.rsp.