Thread: Need some information on XML

Need some information on XML

Hi,
    I am going for a course of XML. As a newbie I need some information on XML and on its implementation. I am aware that XML is a much advance language used for online support than HTML. Second thing what are the main uses of this language. Is it is used for a specific purpose only. And the third thing I want to know that how XML works and who decides about the related languages. Thanks in advance.

Re: Need some information on XML

XML stands for extensible markup language. It is the standard defined by the W3C for representing information in documents marked. Mark up language is also known as HTML. Extensible in contrast to HTML, the number, name and position tags are not predefined. The semantics of a tag is defined by the author of the XML document. XML is itself derived from SGML, a metalanguage international standard.

It is a file exchange structured data between applications and heterogeneous platforms. It is a type of Data storage does not require a RDBMS. You can use XML database as the query language XQuery. You get separation of data / codes for a website (couple XML / XSLT). It is a vocabulary of some specialized languages such as MathML (computing), SVG (vector graphics).

The WWW is responsible for the creation and development of specifications surrounding XML via the XML Working Group. This group is composed of experts from various fields (often recruited by co-option) . XML is a public company does not own any of its development. The v1.0 specification was approved by the W3C (recommendation of February 10, 1998).