Thread: Oracle Block Browser and Editor tool

Oracle Block Browser and Editor tool

Hi,

I am using Oracle software for the database purpose and i want to deal with the issue of the block level. Block level is not allowing me to edit or change data. Can any one help me with the tool or software which will help me with the block level issue.

I heard about the Oracle's Block Browser and Editor tool but don't know more about the same. If any body have idea about the Block Browser and Editor tool then tell me where to get it and how to install it in my system.

Help will be appreciated......
    Thank you

Re: Oracle Block Browser and Editor tool

Hi there,

Oracle itself allow you to change and manipulate data at the block level but all you have to do is to use it itself that will time consuming. Oracle Block Browser and Editor tool is itself a software which will help you to change or manipulate data at block level. It will allow you to enter to the data blocks content in the Oracle database

This bbed (acronym Oracle Block Browser and Editor tool) will allow you to change data in the block level. It can alter a file. It can recover the data which is lost or damaged. Bbed is useful for the changing the password of the system

If you by mistake deleted the row from your database and you want to recover it then you can use bbed tool to recover it

Here i posting this for the Unix user.

The user who are using UNIX, older versions of Unix already contain Oracle Block Browser and Editor tool inside the system folder but now a days it is not available. You can find it installed in the folder $ORACLE_HOME/bin in Oracle 8i.

Thanx

Hi,

Thank you for posting this reply, i was also looking for the same. Hope this tips can work for me as well. I really appreciate your help. Keep it up !!

Bye