Thread: White box testing concept and it's advantages

White box testing concept and it's advantages

Hi,

I am studying OOPs(Object oriented Programming) concept. But It seems that it is very difficult for me to understand because of it's complexity. I need your help to understand White Box Testing concept.
    What is White Box Testing? Do you know any advantages of the White Box Testing? It will be great if you give me any example of the white box testing.

Re: White box testing concept and it's advantages

White box testing is also referred as Structural or Glass box testing.

This type of testing involves looking at the structure of the code. When we know the internal structure of a product, tests can be conducted to ensure that the internal operations performed according to the desired specification as well as all internal components have been adequately exercised.

We do White Box Testing to ensure that all independent paths within a module have been exercised at least once.It is also used to verify all logical decisions on the basis of their true and false values.

Using White Box Testing we can find-out any logical error tend to creep into our work when we design & implement the function and conditions which are out of the program.

White Box Testing uses an internal perspective of the system to design various test cases based on their internal structure. This testing requires programming skills for identifying all paths through the software.

Following are the advantages of the White box testing:

A. More code coverage
    B. More error can be found earlier during the process of development .
    C. The White Box Testing can start in the early phase along with software development.
    E. helps for giving more stable build

Hi all,

White box testing is entirely different from black box testing. In black box testing focus of all the activities is on the functionality of system and not on which is happening within the system.

Basic purpose of use of White Box Testing is to make sure: 1. Proper Functionality 2. Information from the code coverage

White box is primarily job of development teams , but now test engineers also started helping development team in this process by giving contribution in writing unit test cases and in generating unit test case data.

I hope this information will give you the basic idea about White box testing..