Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-11-2009

Concept of UML

Hi guys,

I am aware about C, C++ OR Java , But don't know what is UML?
Is this any programming language or what ?
Actually I had read the UML word in one of the programming book. Anybody knows about concept of UML?

Your help will be greatly appreciated..
Old 20-11-2009

Re: Concept of UML

Dear friend,

UML is the abbreviation of the Unified Modeling Language.
Actually UML is an industry standard modeling language which has a rich graphical notation, comprehensive set of diagrams as well as elements.
A comprehensive of the UML modeling tool is the way to take control on your software and business project.With UML you can manage project complexity very easily.This all which I know about UML, I hope this will useful to you.
Old 20-11-2009

For you kind information UML is not the programming language.It's modeling language.

The UML (Unified Modelling Language) was invented by the OMG(Object Management Group) in 2000. And It is now the modelling language of choice for modeling application structure & behavior, data and Architecture, and for business processes.

Along with the MOF (Meta Object Facility) it is a important key foundation of the MDA (Model-Driven Architecture) of the OMG.

UML allows the creation of the complicated multi-dimensional model of business processes, system architecture & requirements, and design that can be implemented in compilable code through manual or automatic code generation.
Old 20-11-2009

The UML (Unified Modeling Language) is basically used to specify, modify, visualize, construct as well as document the artifacts of an Object Oriented Software intensive system within development.

UML provides a standard way to visualize a architectural blueprints of the system, including elements like:

1.Business processes
2.actors
3. Logical components
4.activities
5. statements of the programming language
6. reusable components of software
7. database schema.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,