Thread: Use of XmlTextWriter Class for ASP.NET web page

Use of XmlTextWriter Class for ASP.NET web page

I have recently started working on a project which is on ASP.NET. I had learnt ASP and C-Sharp, but it was long time ago and now I need to brush-up some of its concepts. There is a querry in my project which requires to generata a documet in XML from a web page which is in ASP.NET. I have been suggested to make use of the XmlTextWriter Class. What is the use of this class?

Re: Use of XmlTextWriter Class for ASP.NET web page

To ease the creation of XML document from asp.net a special class is dedicated to do the work. This class is named System.Xml.XmlTextWriter class for .NET framework. Thus by incorparating this System.Xml.XmlTextWriter class the programmer would no longer have to check for the unkown XML characters. Thus the System.Xml.XmlTextWriter class is used to create XML document from asp.net site.

XmlTextWriter Class is useful in creating files with XML(Extensible Markup Language) data that are to be extracted from an ASP.NET web pages. The namespace for this XmlTextWriter class is System.XML and the assembly for the same is System.Xml (in System.Xml.dll). When I started learning ASP.NET even I was confused as to how to create an XML file from ASP.NET, but the XmlTextWriter class helped me.

XmlTextWriter Class is contained in the System.Xml namaspace. The classes of XML which are in this System.Xml namespace are very helpful in working with XML documents. They allow us to perform XML data validation, writing and editing XML and many more functions. In this sam manner, the XmlTextWriter Class is used for create an XML document. Some of the other classes which are also helpful are: XmlValidatingReader, XmlReader, XmlWriter.