Thread: Device Driver Programming....Can anyone explain?

Device Driver Programming....Can anyone explain?

Hi, I am student of ME and wanted to learn how to perform device driver programming? Can anyone tell me how to do this? I want some basic knowledge of the Device Driver Programming.

Re: Device Driver Programming....Can anyone explain?

Hello, You want to know device driver programming, which is computer programming at higher-level. A driver makes connection with the particular device with the use of bus. When any time the system invokes particular routine, the driver provides commands to that device. So, basically it provides interface to the device and system. It is not so simple, for this you need to have deep knowledge of the chips and electronics and good knowledge in programming. So, think of it.

Hi, You want some knowledge in device driver programming. I don't know much about it, But you can refer about this by use of the device drivers programming by Yashavant Kanetkar. It will give you some or the other knowledge regarding the device driver programming. I don't know how much this book is useful to you, but it will provide you basic knowledge in device driver programming.

Hi, I had made search on google and get that It mostly used for making major part of the Linux kernel. It requires more knowledge in programming as it can cause disaster if they get things wrong. It controls interaction of operating system and device for which they are working. The driver takes care of the details and makes device specific things happen. They are programmed such that they will work for specific device but they work with better manner. They need to work till that particular device is working.