Thread: Want to learn ActionScript.....What to Refer?

Want to learn ActionScript.....What to Refer?

Hello friends, I want to learn Action Script and wanted to know some books through which I can get knowledge of it. I have downloaded different tutorials from google.com, but they are not useful. I want a book, which will teach me this from basic things of Action Script. So, please help me in this case. You can tell me book which is available in market also, I will buy it. But, give something which will not waste my time and money.

Re: Want to learn ActionScript.....What to Refer?

Hi friend, can you just tell me what this Action Script does? I have seen this word first time. It is similar to java script and vb script or something different? I want to know why this is developed? It is new one or older one? Is there any new vacancies are opened up for this ActionScript? I have downloaded some of the pdf books on action script, but they are going bouncer for me. Give me reply, so that I can also learn this language. You can also give me any url so that I can browse from net.

Hi to everyone who use this forum. You want to learn Action Script. Then you need to know some basic things such as it is a programming language for the Adobe Flash player. It basically creates interactivity, data handling. For executing this you need to have ActionScript Virtual Machine.This code is typically compiled into bytecode. Now its third version was developed which offering robust programming model which is similar to the object-oriented programming.

It has following features:
    • uses a new bytecode instruction set and provides significant performance improvements
    • modern compiler code base
    • An expanded and improved application programming interface (API)
    • A core language
    • An XML API
    • An event model

I suggest you to try for Complete Reference

Hi, you want to learn Action Script, then you first do one thing. You either buy Action script for dummies. It will give you more advanced knowledge starting with basic one. If you are learning this Action Script by own then you must use this book. If you don't get this book the go for any O'Reilly book on Action Script. I don't know whether it is available on internet or not, if I come across some site then I will reply you with that site's url.