Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-11-2009

Diagram editor in java

Hi
I have done some programs in java. Now I want to create a diagram editor. My idea is , there will be a rectangle and I will connect them with clicking each of them. I created a rectangle on the screen but I can not choose rectangles. It creates but not recognıze previous one or some one which I clicked with the mouse. Any idea to correct this problem or nay other way round to create such a project. any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 13-11-2009

Re: Diagram editor in java

You said your code just draws rectangles, then there will indeed be no way to select one with the mouse. Your code must keep track of what rectangle have been drawn and then check this list when a mouse click arrives. In the example there is a list of trees, each represented as an object. Each object has an associated hotsp i.e. a Shape (circle) at a particular coordinate location. One particular tree is the value of the global variable hottr. This tree is drawn in a different color.
Code:
public void paint(Graphics g) {
		g.drawImage(diagram, 0, 0, this);
		// draw all the items on the Tree list
		for (Tree t : trees) {
			gOff.setColor((t==hotTree) ? hotColor : treeColor);
			gOff.fill(t.hotsp);
		}
	}
Code:
public void mouseMoved(MouseEvent e) {
		TreeInfo oldHot = hottr;
		hottr = null;
		// if we are in range of one of 'trees', set hottr
		for (Tree t : trees) {
			if (t.hotSpot.contains(1.0 * e.getX(), 1.0 * e.getY())) {
				hottr = tree;
				break;
			}
		}
		if (oldHot != hottr) repaint();
	}
Old 13-11-2009

Thanks for your reply.
I tried to create object like creating array list and adding them, then usıng Poınt p = e.getpoint and compareing if(s.contains(p)). But the problem is getlocation always return 0.0 it is located at the top left of the window. when I am creating object it creates on screen but when I ask its location it says me that is on 0.0 point. But it works when I used Rectangle2d class from library .it gave real coordinates and choosing work.But I want to create my own object and rectangle
Old 13-11-2009

Hi
The best idea is to create your own objects with four rectangle coordinates. Or you might create a subclass of Rectangle. The previous post mentions "if(s.contains(p))", but fails to say what s is. It would have to be a Shape or rectangle describing where the rectangle was drawn in the window. Check your program for the same and if any problem then post by your query.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,