Thread: Unable to pass inputs to Ms Access

Unable to pass inputs to Ms Access

Hi. I have created a demo website as my project. Well I made the dynamic pages in ASP and the back-end I am using is MS Access. The problem is when I feed the inputs to my form on clicking the button the data is not able to store in my Database. Also after it is been clicked it redirects to a blank page. I am totally confused and have no idea what has to be done. Please provide me with the solution. Thank you.

Re: Unable to pass inputs to Ms Access

Hello. As you have created a website and that to a dynamic page in ASP i will suggest you to check the coding for your asp page. There can be an issue of misspelling the parameters for your page. The local connectivity for the asp to MS access is "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" followed by the path of your with its extension as .mdb. Check out the connection string as well. Small parameters often lead to errors.

The problem could be with the coding of your program. Such errors mostly occurs due to misspelling of the parameters or missing some the parameters. Check out your static page of your form. You might not have mentioned the parameters for "ON click" command for your button. Target the press event to the desired page you want to redirect if you have not done that. It would not then redirect you to a blank page.

You can have the solution for the very problem. You might not be able to transfer the data due to improper coding. First you need to create an object. for this the code is "Set conn = server.createobject("adodb.connection") ". After this you have to connect your Db with the pageas " Conn.connectionstring = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; c:\dir\database.mdb". then you need to open by "Conn.open" then set the values in the form of your Db coloum by "Set rs=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.recordset")". After this to open your recordset you need to mention it as "rs.open "Select col1,col2 from table_name", conn" . This might help you out.