Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2009

What do you mean by Csharp Delegates?

I have been assigned a project to completed using Csharp. I have earlier learnt C++ and HTML, but I have recently started to study Csharp. Although new but I am finding it very interesting to study. I want help on Csharp Delegates. What do you really mean by Delegates in Csharp? Provide a valid description on it.
Old 11-11-2009

Re: What do you mean by Csharp Delegates?

Csharp Delegates is a type-safe object that is used to reference a method. It can be used to reference one or many methods. These methods might be invoked afterwards. The Delegates mimics the method to which it is assigned. Since it can have a return value and parameter list it is possible to use it just like an ordinary Csharp method. Csharp is really a good programming language to learn and is the language used mostly for .Net framework.
Old 11-11-2009

Delegates introduced by C# are provided with the power to refer to a method as if it was a parameter. Thus, delegates are used in defining methods with callbacks. C++ function pointers and C# delegates are very much like each other except for that C# delegates are type-safe. In .Net framework, delegate types are actually been derived out from the delegate class.
Old 11-11-2009

At the time when an event is triggered the delegate informs Csharp about the method to be called. It can be said the it is an element in Csharp that permits you make a method that can be referenced. The Event handling in Csharp is formed on the foundation of Delegates. A delegate instance can have references to more than a single method also. They are the function-pointers in Csharp. Thus a C, C++ programmer is not deprieved of function-pointers in Csharp.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,