Thread: Flash Builder 4 Extremely slow under Windows 7 + Java

Flash Builder 4 Extremely slow under Windows 7 + Java

I was working for a long time previously by means of the Flex Builder Plug-in 3. Compilation time was forever a headache; true, additional than it tranquil was affordable. Additional than by means of the Flash Builder 4 production that became so bad that I cannot basically utilize it event to test. When started form the "clean" workspace, bundled Eclipse and merely one project (Flex) is created - the whole thing looks extremely well. Even if you add a "hello world" pop-up to your submission (that's sarcasm, yes) the situation changes radically when you have encompass several numeral (greater than zero of course) of Java projects in your workspace.

Re: Flash Builder 4 Extremely slow under Windows 7 + Java

When I am trying to generate an innovative Flex project (having more than a few Java projects in the workspace) the moment the wizard is comprehensive and it's going to demonstrate me the contents of the recently created MXML (yes, a few lines by means of no logic at the entire it crashes. When I am trying to open existing project - well, it opens, additional than compilation times are greater than 2 minutes (that's a tiny project by means of a small number of screens by means of primitive design, three AS classes and two CSS files and one image integrated) whenever I presently position an empty string to even the most important MXML.

When I am trying to switch to design observation - it crashes 80% of time. The rest 20% it demonstrates "gray field" and bugs UI totally. When building starts - the merely method to keep away from it well. It's not possible to cancel and if I try to cancel it - it hangs everlastingly. Merely killing the eclipse procedure helps. And, actually, 2 minutes of compilation time. Are you serious. It's similar to, change the line of code, save, wait 2 minutes by means of 50% chance of observing by no means ending activity. Btw, I have tested the Flash Builder Beta - there were no such tribulations. The whole thing was actually cool and smooth. Compilation time was even faster than Flex Builder 3. And such a surprise by means of the production version.

Are you using a 64-bit JVM. It sounds similar to you are working with Flash Builder Plug-in, so try this: Close Eclipse. Then you had to open the eclipse.ini file where your eclipse.exe is situated. Add an innovative line subsequent to "-vmargs" and on that line type "-d32". Restart Eclipse. You are probable seeing Design view collide for the reason that Flash Player hold up or maintain for 64-bit. On the other hand, you be able to install a 32-bit JVM and assign that to JAVA_HOME.

My bad for not specifying the surroundings completely – I am using 32 bit Windows 7 and the 32-bit JVM as well. I have encompass and tried to play by means of eclipse launch situation giving it up to 2Gb of max VM memory, additional than nothing changed. Essentially what I scrutinize when the build procedure hangs (with whatever eclipse launch settings are) is 50% processor usage and approximately 480 - 510 Mb memory consumption by the eclipse procedure.

Once I have commented these lines - collection is taking a small number of seconds. I am going to go try fixing the entire additional compatibility tribulations so the project compiles without errors and create certain if the tribulations returns. And having this project in my workspace was causing the tribulations with creation of innovative projects as well. Looks actually weird, additional than that's how the things are.

Additional than that's incompatible by means of the updated SDK version or description, so I had to modify them to the mentioned state. I determine to keep testing the Builder behavior by means of these lines commented and we determine to observe where it leads. Btw, do I have comprised some misunderstanding of the SDK 4 concept of dealing by means of the fonts embedding, or that's immediately a subject to JIRA problem. I have checkered the log file (it has a bit dissimilar location per my workspace) - I have not cleared it for a long time previously, so it's a mess, additional than the shorter version looks similar to.

Please use windows xp, dont install it in the vitual machine.
    Compatibility in win7 is very bad, especially for eclipse ide.