Thread: Features of C++ from a business point of view

Features of C++ from a business point of view

I have been studying C++ for a very long time and I am very good at it. I have also coded a project for a medical shop using C++. I am aware of its features and benefits from a software programmers or developers point of view. But what I am interested is knowing the features from a business point of view.

Re: Features of C++ from a business point of view

Very good question. Even I have always cosidered C and C++ very beneficial for coding to programmers, but even I was concerned about its business perspective feature. I have found a very few of those and can share with you. These are:
    > C++ permits you exploit programmer's conception through operator overloading, which reduces the learning curve for the re-users.
    > C++ supports inheritance and dynamic binding which let old code call new code, making it possible to quickly extend/adapt your software to hit narrow market windows.
    > C++ cuts down the safety-vs.-usability tradeoff, that helps to improve the cost of reusing a chunk of software.

Although a neglected topic, C++ has business point features also. Following ar some of the C++ features from a business point of view: A huge installed base that indicates a strong support; allows you to provide simplified interfaces which thus reduces the defect rate; it is possible for the old code to call newly created code.

Some unknown C++ features from business point of view are:
    . C++ localizes access to a software chunk, which reduces the cost of changes.
    . C++ reduces the safety-vs.-speed tradeoff, which improves defect rates without degrading performance.
    . C++ has a huge installed base, which means you will have multi-vendor support for tools, environments, consulting services, etc.