Thread: Bode Plot in C

Bode Plot in C

Hi everyone
    I am working on a project in C. The project need is a Bode Plot, so I am trying to program a GUI based application that accepts a transfer function and draws Bode Plot using C language. Any idea how can I design the code. Were can I get the code for my reference. Any help please, help will be appreciated and even I have a timeliness to my project, so I am excepting for a reply as soon as possible, that I can continue my work.

Re: Bode Plot in C

Hello
    Just saw you query which you mentioned in your post, and even I was thing for a moment. I can't give you the program, because even I do not have such program on Bode Plot. As your project requires a bode plot and you want GUI program to write the program. I would like to suggest you to refer to C library functions. All C programs are basically collection of different programs, so you can refer to graphic() function for more details to get started. Thank you for posting and if any query be free to post again.

Hi
    You are trying the code in C, I suggest you the write the code in MATLAB. It is hard to write a program of Bode plot in C, but if you are going to use MATLAB you can do it easily. here is an example of a MATLAB code
    Code:
    e.g
    F(s)= (s^2 + 6s + 7)/(s^3 + 5s^2 + 8 )
    bode plot can be generated by simple commands
    Code:
    num=[0 1 6 7];
    den=[1 5 0 8];
    bode(tf(num,den))
    When you are done with this code the magnitude vs frequency and phase vs frequency plot graph will appear. And if you try to write the same in C it will take a long time. It is just another option for you to make your work fast.

Thanks for your suggestions and advice
    I will surely refer to the related C library and check if I can get some library function for a C graphics program. And your project is in C using graphic so I can't change the language, really sorry for that. But thanks for your suggestion. In future I will keep this in mind. Thanks again for your advice and suggestion.