Thread: Update a page content without reload

Update a page content without reload

Hi,
    I am trying to enable a script in my site by which when a users opens my site and in the meanwhile the page has some new updates then the page should get updated without getting reload. This will help out my page to get displayed more fast and easier for the user to get new updates. I am trying to implement the same but here the page needs to get refreshes. Mine script is not working and the same consumes too much time. Does anyone has a better conclusion on it. Thanks in advance.

Re: Update a page content without reload

The biggest contributors to information in Web pages usually swallows the design. Elaborate table constructs for Page, style sheets, graphics, navigation, multimedia objects, and javascripts. All of this is often static content, which never changes. But in order to fetch new data from the server, you must reload the entire rule, this accessory will be. The only way to get around this is to use frames or iframes are loaded into the HTML documents. When any one wishes to give, however, offers further opportunities javascript what I'm here I'd like to introduce one. The principle is quite simple: Instead of choosing one sending complete HTML document to the browser, you can just send a javascript statements submitted will be manipulated by what the current document. A "reload" is thus not actually bypassed, but it is in the background, without the need to build the current page completely.

There is the question of how to get the new data in the current window without reloads the document. The following possibilities exist. Changing the src attribute in an included javascript send the address of a PHP script, which delivers the necessary Javascript code (to my knowledge, this method works only in Internet Explorer). <script> Mount a new node in the document (also with the appropriate PHP script as a target, a thread, which is found so engaged, their interest in the Javascript-Board). Sending a server request via XMLHttpRequest and processing the response (currently in Internet Explorer Version 5 and current versions of Mozilla, Opera, Konqueror and Safari possible). Loading a Javascript code containing the HTML document in a hidden frame or iframe.

In order for the cause, must meet the HTML document 2 Requirements. There must be a (I) frame containing what is loaded into the file, which is to manipulate the document. This loading is written by write () into the document.
    PHP Code:
    if (document.getElementsByTagName 

& & Document.getElementsByTagName 'body') [0]. InnerHTML
         ( 

document.write '<iframe name="loader"src="about:blank"style="display:none"> </ iframe>'); 
         ) 
    And I begin by investigating whether the browser is DOM compliant. I also starting to ask whether he knows the property "innerHTML". This is not part of DOM-language set, but is interpreted by the above test browsers. Reason that I draw upon this method is the rather cumbersome procedure to insert / replace nodes in the DOM method. This would make one of the desired effect - reducing traffic - dashed.