Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2009

How to keep AJAX HTTP requests under control

Hi,
I had send multiple asynchronous HTTP requests, and at some point in the process I loaded lose control over it. I am not able to get which requests are actually processed at the moment. The problem here faced by is first for the asynchronous requests, there is no guarantee that the replies to the server lies in the order of questions. And second the monitored onreadystatechange event takes place in the scope of the [window] object, the reference to the object, which was stored the HTTP request. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-11-2009

Re: How to keep AJAX HTTP requests under control

The solution often looks that each request is stored in a globally available object, which tit is accessed in the onreadystate function, which is omitted in this variant is described here. You will need to perform two actions here to make things steady. First you have keep control over, but without global variables / objects to use. And second you have to see that no request may be lost and you must able to use variable functions for processing the requests. A observation on the same is needed.
Old 07-11-2009

The object used in addition, I allow myself to create an anonymous function: Code: AJAX = function (args) ( var ajax = args; return ajax; ). By this function it takes as a parameter of an object, which is the basis of him with whom you can work on now. The object here requires no content, but you can you run to requests with different requirements. What information could be good use to run an HTTP request dynamic. For this use following variable things - URL: the address to which the request should be sent, data (optional): to send data, method (optional): the transfer method, POST or GET, GET as the default, onComplete (optional): A function object that is to be invoked if a valid server response.
Old 07-11-2009

How do I do now with these properties slightly and send a request. For this the below syntax will help you a lot. I extend the ajax object is a method that will execute the request on the basis of the existing attributes. The code for it is
PHP Code:
AJAX = function (args

var 
ajax args

ajax.request = function () 
   ( 
     / * 
Statements * / 
   ) 
   return 
ajax

The base is hereby, a simple call to the request () method would look like this:
Code:
PHP Code:
AJAX (( 'url''skript.php''onComplete'completeFunction)). Request (); 

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , ,