Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2009

Dreamweaver or Wordpress for Web Designing

I am about to design a web site. But I am confused between Dreamweaver and Wordpress. Which one is the best ? What are their feature? What are advantages and disadvantages of each ? This is my first project and I want to make it really impressive and user friendly. Help me to sort it out.
Old 07-11-2009

Re: Dreamweaver or Wordpress for Web Designing

The basic advantage for Wordpress over Dreamweaver interms of the static page designed using Dreamweaver is that one has the control to create a Community using Wordpress. This will help you to make your web site friendly to search engines and thereby making it easily available on search engines. Also the Plug-ins of Wordpress help make you something more than a static web site
Old 07-11-2009

I have used Wordpress for developing a Tours and Travel Website. I have full faith in Wordpress than in Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver is a WYSIWYG editor ie. "What You See Is What You Get". Using Dreamweaver lets you desing your website but according to me its completely at no use on Intenet. Wordpress is a CMS i.e Content Management System. It establishes a backend for running and updating your website.
Old 07-11-2009

I have used Wordpress so I can highlight a few advantages and disadvantages of it.

Advantages include:
. Easy to Add-Edit-Remove Contents.
. Beginners can also get help from a range of tutorials
. There are many plugins and templates which can be used to customize the website.
. Very friendly and easy to use.

Disadvantages include:

. It actually indexes into Google(search engine) differently if not specified.
. It would only do what the plugins or templates allow you to do, thus limiting you unless you know the programming part

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , ,