Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2009

Structure of Table in MySQL

Hi,
I am stuck on creating table in MySQL database. I want to add up some new records in a existing database. Here I am trying to create a new table. The problem is that I am not familiar with the syntax used for the same, due to which I cannot put new records and then link the same to other tables. Can anyone post the structure of tables in SQL. And if possible how to build SQL cursors. This is a thing I want to learn right now. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-11-2009

Re: Structure of Table in MySQL

For creating a new table you will have to pass on the following syntax. CREATE TABLE table ( field1 type (size) Picture 1, field2 type (size) Picture 2, ... , multifield index, ... ). It is a sample syntax for the process. The explanation for the same is here. The table - Is the name of the table being created. The field1 field2 - Is the name of the field or fields that will be created in the new table. The new table must contain at least one field. The type - It's the kind of field data in the new table. The size - Is the size of the field only applies to text fields. The Picture 1 Picture 2 - Constraint is a clause that defines the type of index to create. This optional clause. And the multifield index - Constraint is a clause that defines multifield index type to create. A multifield index is one that is indexed by the contents of various fields. This optional clause.
Old 06-11-2009

Here is a sample work for creating a table in MySQL. This will help you to generate user modified tables which are easy to access. First use the following syntax. CREATE TABLE Employees ( Name Text (25), Last Name TEXT (50) ). Then lets take a example the you are creating a a new table named Employees with two fields, one called Name in text and longitude 25 and another called names with length 50. The syntax for the same is CREATE TABLE employees ( Name TEXT (10) Surname TEXT BirthDate DATETIME )CONSTRAINT IndiceGeneral UNIQUE ( Name, Surname, BirthDate )
Old 06-11-2009

In some Databases it is possible to open a data cursors within the working environment, typically used stored procedures. The syntax for a cursor is as follows: DECLARE name-cursor FOR specification-consultation [ORDER BY]. Like for example - DECLARE Ab_Cursor FOR Num_emp SELECT name, position, salary FROM employee WHERE DEPT_NUM = 'COMPUTER'.
Old 06-11-2009

You use the CONSTRAINT clause in ALTER TABLE and CREATE TABLE to create or delete indexes. There are two syntax's for this clause depending on whether you want to create or delete an index in a single field or if it is a multi-index field. If you use the Microsoft Data Engine, you can only use this term with the proprietary database of the motor. For single-field index: CONSTRAINT name (PRIMARY KEY | UNIQUE | REFERENCES external table [(externo1 field, field externo2)]) and for multiple field indexes CONSTRAINT name (PRIMARY KEY (primario1 [, primario2 [,...]]) | UNIQUE (?nico1 [, ?nico2 [, ...]]) | FOREIGN KEY (ref1 [, ref2 [,...]]) REFERENCES external table [(externo1 field, field externo2 [,...])]}.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , , ,