Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Php Error : This application has failed to start because libpq.dll was not found.

Software Development

Old 05-11-2009

Php Error : This application has failed to start because libpq.dll was not found.

Hi,

I have just downloaded PHP 5.2.6 and installed it from the zip archive. I have just downloaded PHP 5.2.6 and installed it from the zip archive. After installation, It gave me an error message : This application has failed to start because libpq.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. What is libpq.dll exactly? Anyone have any ideas?

Old 05-11-2009

Re: Php Error : This application has failed to start because libpq.dll was not found.

This seems to be a PHP installation issue. At least some of the mistakes of others seem extensions could not be loaded, but the main problem is probalby the php5.dll missing. I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling PHP without the installer. You can find a useful resources for the installation / configuration of PHP on the site http://php.net. You have to edit the php.ini file and configure IIS to run PHP.
Old 05-11-2009

Re: Php Error : This application has failed to start because libpq.dll was not found.

To remove error : This application has failed to start because libpq.dll was not found. Logged in as administrator and try installing PHP 5.2.6 by following steps

1. Download php-5.2.6-win32-installer
2. Open containing folder
3. Double-click php-5.2.6-win32-installer
4. Defaults used
5. Tried every server type.
6. Got error

Error trying access httpd.conf. You will have to manually
web server config.
Old 05-11-2009

It seems as if PostgreSQL is not installed correctly. Can you get to the database with the plain old 'psql' utillity? libpq is a required library for postgres. Moreover, as far as postgres drivers, I imagine most people are using psycopg2 instead of pyPgSQL, since it is more active.
Old 05-11-2009

The above errors were the root of my cause, but while in my attempts to reinstall the missing FastCGI PHP. I reinstalled php configured for FastCGI.

After much research and fix my second mistake, I noticed that .Dll's have only installed by other applications. For example, the OIC had been there only if the machine had Oracle and so on. After a little trial and error commenting extensions in php.ini, I have it working

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,