Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2009

What are the .frx files?

What is frx files? Last week while working on a project using visual basics I came across something with a .frx entention. I am using Visual Basi 6.0. I have no information about .frx files. I have never encountered them earlier. Why are they present in Visual Basic? What are they used for ? Are they Visual Basics setup files ?
Old 04-11-2009

Re: What are the .frx files?

*.frx file is created to hold the binaries of Images. Whenever you apply graphics to a form or the controls within your form special files are created to hold the binaries of these images. These files are stored with .frx extension and are reffered to as frx files. These files are also created for Long strings.
Old 04-11-2009

.FRX file in Visual Basic are used to store binary data. These .frx file have the same name as that of the Form file. Visual Basics has some controls such as PictureBox and Image. These controls have properties which use binary data as their values. This binary information is stored in a FRX file with .frx extention. These .frx files should be linked to its corresponding .frm files because if you by mistakely delete a .frx file that corresponds to a .frm file that particular form will not work properly.
Old 05-11-2009

I also was unaware of .frx files when i started a project on VB. By mistakenly I deleted a .frx file at was not able to get the desired output from the Graphic related Control. Later I learned it was associated to the form that I was running. Inshort, a .frx extention file is a binary file. This file in Visual Basics stores binary information of controls such as Image control and picture box of that particular form. This file can be manually deleted if they have no binary data saved in it.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,