Thread: Implementing popup message giving signals about maturity

Implementing popup message giving signals about maturity

I made a small application that I managed just the deadlines of various kinds. I would love to have some ideas on how to implement a popup message giving signals (eg every hour) about the maturity. I first thought of implementing a service, but I'm still struggling with another application and server-side, and I am not yet successful to do something useful. My solution is based on the opening and then auto program, a joint program consisting of several small DLL and a graphical interface for managing data.

Re: Implementing popup message giving signals about maturity

Could you tell me whether it is a web or a windows form? Can you elaborate for me explaining the whole mechanism? Because I am finding it difficult to suggest a solution with very less information provided on your post.

Windows Forms.

Sorry, I forgot to explain myself better. The application is very simple:

There is a database where you enter the various deadlines for certain obligations through the application made in C#. To the program, it works fine.

The main thing that I would just add is that if the user is a bit 'absent', the program reads the deadlines, the comparisons with today's date and if the value is less than, for example 15 days, it signals via a popup screen.

Why not use a timer? Maybe you want a definite time constant type learn all about at 12, 13, 14 etc. regardless of the startup?

The mechanism is simple, put a timer that makes extraction and collation of data, if you want to make commitments not to continue to be reported every tick of the timer, put a point of comparison such as a date/time with the classic check (or other) type "Remind me of time") in the form that will popup.

If you are not clear, in a while you post an example.