Thread: How to solve Asp.net Web Server problem

How to solve Asp.net Web Server problem

Currently i'm using VS 2003.net on my machine. Now the problem is that whenever i try to run Asp.net 1.1 webserver, it gives out an error message stating that framework 1.1 not compatible. So can any body tell me that how can i solve Asp.net Web Server problem? Any one has any idea about it? Please help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to solve Asp.net Web Server problem

You should make sure that the .NET Framework your server is running matches the .NET Framework your Visual Studio projects will be created as. Many times they have more to do with the Web servers you're trying to access rather than something being wrong with your computer. This type of error happens if, for instance, the server is running .NET Framework 1.1 and Visual Studio wants to create a project that uses .NET Framework 2.0

Depends which windows and which pws version you have, i used to have windows 95 with pws 2 (i think) there was an extra program you had to install which gave pws asp-capabilities. Sometimes the versions may match and you'll still get that error. I believe this is caused by some windows updates that don't properly install the latest version of the .NET Framework.

In order to resolve the above issue, you need to follow the below steps mention.
    • First of all go to Start menu and then need to go to control panel and administrative tools.
    • After that you need to check whether the webserver is running or not.
    • Then you need to go to run and select where .net framework 1.1 is installed. For example .net is installed in c drive C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_isapi.dll
    • After that you need to add regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_isapi.dll.
    • Finally Aspnet_isapi.dll registered should be done successfully on your machine.