Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 31-10-2009

Working with Access and MySQL

Hi,
I need some information on working with Ms Access Database with My SQL. In my work Ms Access is used frequently for importing and exporting tables of database too and fro. I need some instructions on the same. Which is a better way to get tables from MySQL and in the same way add up a database information in it via Access. Does this is possible by Cobol also. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old 31-10-2009

Re: Working with Access and MySQL

Here lies the instruction for importing tables from MySQL to MS Access.First open a MS Access database to which we import the table. Then click on the New button and in the dialog that opens, select "Import Table". Then in the next dialog in the File Type field, select ODBC Databases. Here select your ODBC connection. Save your table now.
Old 31-10-2009

For exporting tables from MS Access to MySQL you will first need to open source database with MS Access, select the table and we click on the File menu in Export. Then in the next dialog in the File Type field, select ODBC Databases. Assign a the name that will take the exported table in MySQL database. Then choose the ODBC connection to the MySQL database.
Old 31-10-2009

Yes it is possible to access the tables via Cobol. All you need here to create a little application in Cobol to open the file you want to convert, scroll and scroll engraving on the other you have to declare it as LINE SEQUENTIAL. With this you will get an ASCII file which can be easily manipulated. In this way you can use Cobol also to get table from My SQL.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , , ,