Thread: How do i convert MS SQL to MySQL

How do i convert MS SQL to MySQL

Hey Guys,

I had installed 2005 MS SQL express on my system. I had even loaded the .bak that i received and had even tried the MySQL migration method, but couldn't connect the database on my system. Can any body tell me that how do i convert MS SQL to MySQL? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the solution for the above issue.

Thanks.

Re: How do i convert MS SQL to MySQL

MSSQL-to-MySQL is a program to migrate Microsoft SQL databases to MySQL server. Depending on your privileges on the target MySQL server you can export MS SQL data into new database or overwrite the contents of an existing MySQL database.

Requirements

• MS SQL environment (server or client components of MS SQL must be installed on the same machine where you run MSSQL-to-MySQL from)
    • Necessary privileges to write into the destination database

If you are using Virtual Server hosting you probably have no sufficient privileges to create new databases on the target MySQL server. For this case we recommend the following approach:

1. Ask your Virtual Server administrator to create blank database for you
    2. Run MSSQL-to-MySQL and select this database as the conversion target
    3. Click "Yes" when you will be asked if you'd like to overwrite existing MySQL database

When you complete these steps, the entire contents of the source MS SQL database will be imported into the specified MySQL database.

DRPU Database Converter - MSSQL to MySQL Software support conversion of bulk database records created in Microsoft SQL server to MySQL database server in the most easiest and efficient way. The advance database converter software maintains database synchronization with support all major database datatypes, indexes, field name, attributes, key constraints while database conversion process.

Affordable MSSQL to MySQL Database Converter Software helps users to completely convert your large data base from MSSOL to MYSQL data base server in very less time. Software convert your data base with all necessary attribute and default values including null values, unique and primary key constraints and similarly convert indexes and primary keys with all necessary attributes of MSSQL database to MYSQL Database.

Converter for MSSQL database to MySQL Database help users to converts data base correctly and exactly even if user wants to export MSSQL database into new database or overwrite the contents of existing MySQL database. Converter software is a powerful wizard that provides support to all major types of Microsoft SQL data types and attributes with major versions of MS SQL.

MSSQL to MySQL Database Converter tool precisely converts entire or selected Microsoft SQL database records into MySQL database server in an efficient manner. Conversion software for Microsoft SQL to MySQL database easily converts MSSQL tables into MySQL database server instantly. Database migration tool supports indexes, primary keys, null value and default values constraints with other necessary data types and attributes. Multilingual database conversion software utility supports Unicode architecture and maintains database integrity.

MSSQL to MySQL database converter application program exactly creates MySQL database records from existing MSSQL database server. Professional database conversion utility provides facility to overwrite or migrate converted database tables into existing database records or saves the converted database records at user specified location.

expert11 Guest

I think u should use a converter for this purpose, when i was converted my database MSSQL to My SQL i use convert db and it works, look at this tool or converter.