Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 30-10-2009

Need some help in Visual Fox Pro

Hi,
I am a newbie in Visual Fox Pro. I need some information on creating menu in it. I am currently studying the application. I had received some assignments on it. Now I am stuck at menu creation. Also how can I link a Ms Excel spreadsheet to the Visual Fox pro. I had tried the same but getting data error. Also it not accepting the Ms Excel sheet. Please post some solutions for the same. Thanks.
Old 30-10-2009

Re: Need some help in Visual Fox Pro

A menu is a list of options that show on screen which the user can select one at will, in fox there are two types of menus. First menu refers to the menu displayed in a bar, this may be located in the main window or in a top-level form and the second is contextual Menu. It is a list of options that is not contained in a bar, may appear anywhere on the screen. To define a menu there are two basic forms, the first to do so by the generator and the second through code, being much easier by the generator. To create a menu using the generator select the tab "Other" from the Project Manager, then select "Menus" and click the "New" button in the window that appears, select the menu type you want to create menu.
Old 30-10-2009

To access Excel from Visual Fox pro you have to first create an object which we can manipulate at will. Excel.Sheet tmpsheet = GetObject ('',' '). Then make a reference to the application, which will allow us to manipulate Excel features such as not display cell gridlines -
  • XlApp = tmpsheet.application
  • XLApp.ActiveWindow.DisplayZeros =. F. & & Does not show the cells in value 0
  • XLApp.ActiveWindow.DisplayGridlines =. F. & & Does not show the gridlines
  • XlApp.Visible =. T. Visible & & Application
  • XlApp.Workbooks.Add () & & Adds a Spreadsheet
After adding a spreadsheet we created a reference to this XLSheet = XLApp.ActiveSheet. Now you can configure the same on your own.
Old 30-10-2009

Here are some basic command which will help you to work with Excel worksheet in Visual Fox Pro. First you can insert a image. This is done as follows - XLSheet.Pictures.Insert ( "c: \ application \ bmp \ logo.bmp.") Name = "Picture 1". You can also combine two cells by merging them together. That can be done by XLSheet.Range ( "F1: J1"). Merge. For changing the size of the row - XLSheet.Rows (4). RowHeight = 20, for column - XLSheet.Columns ( "A: A"). ColumnWidth = 19.57.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , ,