Thread: Error code while installing latest patch for joomla

Error code while installing latest patch for joomla

Hey Guys,

Recently i was trying to install the latest patch for joomla and it suddenly gave out an error stating that Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package. Can any one tell me that why i'm getting Error code while installing latest patch for joomla? Does any body knows about it? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Error code while installing latest patch for joomla

The issue may be .asadmintruststore does not exists(appserver install creates it), any first run of asadmin command will generate this file. Check your Wamp Php verson, Install Fresh package again. But before that user will be asked to accept the certificate. I solved this problem. AllVideoPlugin It was a Mombot, I installed it as Mambot and it worked.

Sounds like you are trying to use the Joomla extensions installer? Use the update facility in the VirtueMart backend. You can install the required libgmp.* files via "yum install gmp-devel" on a fedora-based system, or "apt-get install gmp-devel" on a debian-based system.

I suppose the JMS has tried to install the patch on the master "configuration.php" file and that the update of this files has be rejected by your system. The version of WAMP you've installed came with PHP 5.3. Joomla is not yet compatible with this version of PHP. If this is the only files for which the patch can not be installed, check the owner and group of this file. Also check the permission to allow updating the file.
    JMS can only change the permission in writting if your "apache or IIS server" has the same owner / group than the configuration file.