Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-10-2009

What is programmable matter?

What is programmable matter? I heard that this phenomena which is used in science fictional movies is discovered and implemented? Can anyone give me some more information on this one? Thanks!!
Old 29-10-2009

Re: What is programmable matter?

Intel's V.P. and Director of Research Andrew A. Chien has high expectations for the progression of programmable matter technology where it is still in the conceptual phase.Thanks to a video from CNN, the idea makes a lot more sense by showing the concept in action. This Video shows how manipulating scale models of actual objects could be utilized, and then continues into concepts surrounding the real-time manipulation of actual consumer products such as bluetooth headsets in 3D representations. It also features a group of designers messing with the frame of a car, as well as changing its color and even cracking it open to check out the seat configuration.

For More info : Intel's 'Programmable Matter' discovery
Old 29-10-2009

Programmable matter refers to matter which has the ability to change its physical properties (shape, density, moduli, optical properties, etc.) in a programmable fashion, based upon user input or autonomous sensing. Programmable matter is thus linked to the concept of a material which inherently has the ability to perform information processing.
Old 29-10-2009

How does this programmable matter work? How can i program it? Is there any institute which i can learn this from? If this is really implemented, think what miracles a human can create with this technology and with the use of its brain. The animations that we create with the help of computer, will no longer be required as we would be able to program that... Any suggestions?
Old 29-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipp View Post
How does this programmable matter work? How can i program it? Is there any institute which i can learn this from? If this is really implemented, think what miracles a human can create with this technology and with the use of its brain. The animations that we create with the help of computer, will no longer be required as we would be able to program that... Any suggestions?
Until yet, this is such a theoretical innovation, It is yet to be implemented. Well, humans can create miracles with this technology for sure. But with this innovation, this technology is also a threat if it is misused...
Old 29-10-2009

I did some video research and i found something. Programmable matter is also known as Claytronics. See What a Programmable Matter or Claytronics can do : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJEMfAg5l2w
Old 29-10-2009

I don't Believe that... Look at that... Now we can truly say Human Beings are the most intelligent species of the universe, of course, amongst the know species, No alien has been interviewed yet... Thanks for the video...

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , , ,