Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 28-10-2009

Problem of a typed DataSet

I am creating a program with VS2008. I have a MySQL database, I use a typed DataSet. I changed and added some elements of one of my tables (the database). So I delete and recreate my table in my dataset, and since nothing works, only with this table:

1st mistake: when creating the table, when the wizard created my first application "Fill", it defaults to write a query that "Select" all columns. Now my written request that contains the old column. If I edit manually the query "Select * from production, although it gives me all the columns.

2nd mistake: So I use my query Select *. But impossible to use the generator application, only to requests for Insert, Update or Delete. It gives me:
"Failed to Query Builder. Attempt to read or write protected memory. This often indicates that other memory is corrupt."

I look everywhere on the web about this error but I found nothing.

To try to resolve the problem, I deleted my table, my TableAdapter, I amended again my database, I check and recheck my connection string. The worst thing is that in the same dataset I have lots of other tables works very well.

I too want to delete my dataset because I have lots of DataTable with lots of requests, and I do not want me to retype everything.

Someone will have an idea?
Old 28-10-2009

Re: Problem of a typed DataSet

Have you tried to close visual studio and reopen the solution?
Old 28-10-2009

Yes of course. I suspect Visual Studio. I'll keep you informed. Also when I display the query generator, no column appears, just check the line: "select all columns. I tried to do with a new project, but nothing.

I just tried the program with another PC. There is the same mistake from the beginning. The generator application that displays the columns created originally.

I have two others that work well Dataset (On the other database).

So the problem may be come from my database
Old 28-10-2009

What version of MySQL connector do you use? Maybe a track.

You can also view/edit the generated XML in a text editor, it lets go by some worry. A carefully done.
Old 28-10-2009

I have version 6.x. MySQL Connector. But it worked very well so far. Ever since I changed something in my database. Or when I changed my dataset.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , ,