Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 27-10-2009

Combination of static libraries in a dynamic

I'm working on porting a project from windows to Linux. In this project there is a library containing about 1300 source files, for reasons I will not spread here, I could not generate a dll once, so I was wondering if you could cut this into several static library and then to gather in a dll. In fact I already create static libraries, but when I combine it leaves me an empty dll.

I work under windows so with Visual C++ and Qt 3.
Old 27-10-2009

Re: Combination of static libraries in a dynamic

Well did you exported symbols? (Memory: __declspec (dllexport) or via def file)

I imagine that if you exported nothing, the compiler can possibly remove all your code in your final dll.
Old 27-10-2009

a __declspec (dllexport) is for the dll, so I put this macro to generate my static libraries, but actually I put in the combination .lib

In fact I can create a class to combine all my power .lib and I included a header of one .lib and used a class at the linkage, the linker give me error of symbol not resolved so I wonder if it is possible to do that.
Old 27-10-2009

Yes, it is on, it is possible to make a DLL that incorporates one or more libs, there is no problem from this point of view. After that, it would probably practice that shows you the errors you get and how the symbols are reported missing it said, for example.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , ,