Thread: using Joomla to manage media site designed directly in XHTML

using Joomla to manage media site designed directly in XHTML

I need some tips, my friend needs a website for their business. I suggested them that I can make for them because I already did mine. Even if I am not a guru, I fairly mastered XHTML / CSS, JS and PHP to do what they need. But they are not able to understand XHTML and company, so when they want export images on their site or change the text etc, I'll have to do in their place ... So I wondered if there was no alternative ...
    Is it possible to use Joomla to manage its media site designed directly in XHTML?
    The site in question should not exceed 6 pages and it remains static no forum, just text, a gallery, maybe a little music, etc. Thanks
    xp1800 overclocked to 2.4ghz
    an35n-400u mobo
    256mb of adata ddr500
    maxtor dimondmax8 40gb 7200rpm
    geforce4 ti4400
    52x32x52x16 cd-rw/dvd combo
    Tt 420watt psu

Re: using Joomla to manage media site designed directly in XHTML

It will not be a static but a dynamic website, if you use PHP then the user can upload his pictures from his account (although there is only one user (one account) which is going to remian a dynamic site. Look at the side of Xoops which is more affordable.

Joomla can be pretty if you do not need administrative rights driven. Also look at the side of Drupal, which is totally fresh in the market, once you get the knowledge you may properly grasp the thing, but you have to rely too much on their forum for help.

Why not code the site yourself? It isnt too complicated, just create a system file, upload on FTP account to post photos. I agree with the opinions on joomla, is rather cumbersome to use. For cons, I think for beginners nothing is worth testing to see what CMS is best suited to users. I tried a few and I can tell you that when it starts it is not easy to understand how each cms works.