Thread: How to convert Excel file data into XML code

How to convert Excel file data into XML code

I am in search of a way how to convert an Excel file data into XML code. I'm not an expert and have no programming knowledge. I've heard that it is easy ti achieve but don't know how. Can you help me how to do so?

Re: How to convert Excel file data into XML code

The easiest way to convert a spreadsheet's data to XML is to use either a commercial product (such as iMaker for Excel for a single developer license) or any of a number of publicly-available VB/VBA modules (such as Scott Woods's contribution).

For more information: http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/01/09/q-and-a.html

A VBA macro can convert a table into a simple XML file. The file will contain 6 records, each containing 5 fields as shown below. When the procedure is run it prompts you for the output filename; the range of cells containing the field names; and the data table itself. To see the VBA program see the attachment. You can Copy the text, open Excel VBA and Paste the selection into a module.

XML Converter is a data converting software that lets the user to interactively create a data transformation. It allows you to use XML documents by exporting source data into XML file. XML Converter is a visual mapping and conversion tool, which manages all dialects of XML such as DTD, XSD, and XML formats. It is used for quickly building application integration solutions. It will allow you to map and integrate a lot of source data types to XML document in a user-friendly graphical mode.