Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-10-2009

Flash & 3D

A small question to bounce on Away3D ...

Last year Adobe made a hell of fuss about the 3D as3. Soon everything fell and I do not much reliable on the subject.

So the 3D in Flash 10 is it:
1-CPU (eg papervision): CPU
2-GPU & pbuffer: CPU + GPU
3 Context-native GPU: GPU

At the time I looked Alternativa (http://alternativaplatform.com/en/alternativa3d/) and had two details caught my attention:
CPU at 100%
Frame rate-> frequency screen

For me Alternativa uses either 1 or 2. But Alternativa is based on calls as3, as3 so for me using option 1 or 2.
Then:
1 - Am I right?
2 - What type of acceleration using flash: 1,2 or 3?
Old 15-10-2009

Re: Flash & 3D

Enjoy Flash GPU acceleration (possible when exporting to Flash Player 10) ...
I am not able to answer you if have 2 or 3 ...

No 3D framework exploiting the GPU ... Both say that the CPU reaches saturation quickly ... Alternativa is the most powerful framework3D I have tested with regard to the collision, the Z-Order etc. ... but it also has default (that is not the issue ...)

The 3d "native" flash 10 would benefit from GPU acceleration, but "3D" has nothing serious, it was beautiful and well a Z axis and perspective, but not Z-Order! In short, nothing interesting!

Otherwise, the framerate calculation is independent of that of the screen ... Fortunately indeed!
Old 15-10-2009

Quote:
The 3d "native" flash 10 would benefit from GPU acceleration, but "3D" has nothing serious, it was beautiful and well a Z axis and perspective, but not Z-Order! In short, nothing interesting!
It will explain the scope of my Adobe media about it.

Quote:
Otherwise, the framerate calculation is independent of that of the screen ... Fortunately indeed!
This is true for 1 & 2, but for 3 the max framerate is the frequency output of the graphics card (which is the frequency of screen refresh).
You can not go faster than the sync swap buffer read/write.
Old 15-10-2009

I know that the output frequency of the graphic card will not be above the frequency of the screen after I know nothing, but the mess calculated + to see the maximum should be possible given that its the principle benchmarks? no?

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: ,